Record Room Clerk – Part Time
Status: A. Classified. B. Nonexempt – FLSA
Responsible for classifying, sorting, and filing correspondence, records and data, proper to the Euclid Police Department. Works under the immediate direction of the Euclid Police Department’s Record Rom Supervisor.
- File correspondence, cards, receipts and other records according to the records management system in place in the Records Room.
- Enter and retrieve data on wanted persons from the computer.
- Read incoming material and sort according to the filing system in place.
- Furnish data or reports requested by authorized personnel.
- Enter data such as traffic citations, criminal citations, stolen property, warrants, etc. into the department records management system.
- Maintain an orderly filing system that allows for easy and efficient retrieval of police reports and other information.
- Provide courteous, personal service to citizens’ inquiries and assistance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- (The description above represents the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned.)
Work Environment: Office, sedentary work: exerting negligible force, occasional walking and standing. Physical activity: climbing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering and grasping. Perform substantial repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Requirements: High school graduate or GED. Typing skills. Computer literate. Ability to express and exchange ideas and instructions accurately and clearly. Maintain confidentiality on Department matters.
Starting pay rate will be $15.39 per hour. Hours of work will be 1600 hrs. through 2100 hrs., Monday – Friday. Qualified applicants should submit an application, or resume and cover letter to Human Resources by April 10, 2017. Applications can be obtained from the Receptionist in City Hall Lobby, at the Police Department, or at www.cityofeuclid.com. Comprehensive background check will be required.
The City of Euclid does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Entry Level Police Officer Exam
The City of Euclid will be accepting applications for entry level officers. Civil Service has set a date of April 22, 2017 for the competitive exam. More information will be made available on March 13, 2017.
Lateral Police Officer Recruitment / Employment
The City of Euclid is currently NOT accepting applications for lateral police officers or entry level officers. Please submit an email to the recruiting division if you have any questions.