The Narcotics & Vice Unit was staffed with three sworn, experienced, and highly motivated investigators and one hardworking, part-time civilian secretary. One of these investigators is assigned
full time to the F.B.I., Northern Ohio Law Enforcement Task Force (N.O.L.E.T.F.). The unit serves warrants including both Euclid specific cases, as well as cases worked multi-jurisdictionally with
other agencies. All of the investigators work closely with the following agencies.
- Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
- Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification
- Northern Ohio Law Enforcement Task Force
- Cleveland Police Department Narcotics Unit
- Cleveland Police Department Gang Unit
- Cleveland Police Department Strike Force
- Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office
- Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Internal Revenue Service
- Lake County Narcotics Agency
- Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Ohio Investigative Unit
- Ohio State Department of Liquor Control
- Secret Service
- United States Attorney’s Office
- Department of Homeland Security, I.C.E.
- United States Postal Authorities
- United States Marshal’s Service
- Violent Fugitive Task Force
The Narcotics & Vice Unit is responsible for investigations that result in the arrest and prosecution of suspects involved in illegal drug abuse, drug trafficking, gambling, prostitution, obscenity violations, liquor violations, and tobacco and food stamp violations within the City of Euclid. The Narcotics and Vice Unit conducts investigations of suspects involved in uttering forged and/or stolen prescriptions and the purchase of exempt drugs. Often our investigations overlap into adjacent communities and require a coordinated effort with their law enforcement agencies.
In conjunction with the above activities, the Narcotics & Vice Unit is responsible for the accountability and processing of evidentiary materials such as drugs and drug paraphernalia and seized currency/property. The drug items are processed within our unit and transported to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI & I) in Richfield, Ohio.