CPU fosters a spirit of cooperation between police and the community by helping to remove communication barriers between citizens and officers in order to establish mutual understanding and respect. Together we strive to form a more peaceful, caring and vital community built on shared respect by cultivating relationships with our neighbors through similar interests. To achieve these ideals, CPU is responsible for developing and implementing several specialized programs and events which promote safety, crime prevention, and outreach aimed at unification of citizens and officers for the sustainment of a more thriving community.
- Special events; such as East 200th Street Stroll, Lincoln Electric Safety Day
- Active Threat Preparedness; CRASE, round table exercises, drills
- Howl at the Hall and Trunk or Treat for Halloween
- Safety Meetings and Neighborhood Block Watch
- National Programs; Coffee with a Cop, Railway Safety, National Night Out
- Events at Euclid City Schools
To contact the Community Policing Unit, call 216-289-8449.
Community Response Unit
CRU focuses a team of officers to address specific problems in targeted hotspots for issues primarily related to illegal firearms and narcotics possession. CRU is not assigned to radio calls but saturates areas in the community that are known for high levels of criminal activity, CRU officers possess a strong work ethic, a smart and proactive policing style, good people skills and flexibility and adaptability. Duties include uniformed and plain clothes details that assist narcotics and the detective bureaus to develop felony cases, address juvenile concerns, and other quality of life issues